Kids really do say the DARN-DEST thing!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Well I started back to school last week and had a GREAT first week, PRAISE THE LORD, HALLELUJAH!! Last year was "tough" to say the least!! Anyway, on the first day of school all the little kindergartens filed in one by one, with their moms, dads, aunts, uncle, grandmoms & granddads following behind and getting all of their supplies out. They were so proud to have such beautiful supplies. One little boy came in without any supplies but was very eager to help out. While another teacher was going to the office to get him his own supplies I asked him if he could use his muscles to help me open the markers. Of course he was happy to. After a few packages were opened, he stopped and looked at me and said, "After this one, you owe me 10 bucks!" Needless to say, he is not shy and is very helpful to me!!

Another anecdote from the first week. To those that don't know, I teach at a low-income school. After hearing two or three of the boys singing: "Shout, Shout, Shout to the Devil" (by Motley Crue) I stopped them and said "there is no singing about the Devil in my class!" Soon after I heard, "Shout, Shout, Shout to God!! (Yeah!!!!)

Kindergarten really is a fun way to make a living..................

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That's one thing I do miss about teaching...the kids always made me laugh! Hope you have a great year!

Monique said...

Yeah!!! I love this story!